Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Appearance

Image matters!

When an applicant comes to interview for a job, they make an instant impression.

DRESS CODE

A dress code is set of standards regarding what is appropriate to wear at work. Ask your supervisor for the dress code before starting your job.

Different kinds of dress codes include:

Streetwear
Casual 
Business casual
Business formal
Uniform


Ask yourself these questions:

  • Is my outfit appropriate?
  • Does my clothing fit properly?
  • Do my clothes match?
  • Are my clothes clean?
  • Do my clothes smell clean?
  • Are my clothes wrinkle-free?
  • Are my clothes stain-free?

HYGIENE

You should be clean and neat at work each day and you should not smell.

Ask yourself these questions:

  • Did I shower?
  • Did I put on deodorant?
  • Did I brush my teeth?
  • Did I comb my hair?
  • Do I have clean fingernails?



1) Save the template Appearance to your Job Skills Folder under "Keeping a Job". 
2) Complete the template to identify appropriate dress for different work environments.


RESOURCES
www.do2learn.com



No comments:

Post a Comment